Pages

Friday, June 10, 2011

There is an App for that Fridays #4

Here is today's feature of There is an App for that Fridays! 


I know, I know ....... maps and directions are not quite the hype anymore, BUT this app has some great features that I thought were worth mentioning. 

MapQuest was probably the first map/directions website I ever remember using. How did people get around without it? 

Now, MapQuest also offers the same benefits for your phone. It has your basic directions finder and you're able to save your locations.

Yep, that's where I'm headed ... Not! I wish!
It will give you step by step directions.


And it will provide you the map version of your location.


By now your are wondering, what's the big deal? The Maps app that comes with the phone does the same thing!

Well, this app does that and more.


It will show you restaurants, gas stations, hotels, parking garages, schools, and more that are near you.

BUT the best part is that it will give you voice guided turn by turn directions! Who needs the $100+ GPS when you can get your own built-in GPS in your phone for FREE. 

Sorry No Picture Here
Imagine a Voice Saying:
In 0.5 miles turn left

It is so much safer that having to look down at your phone to figure out what the next turn is. You can also plug your phone to your car through your favorite FM transmitter (or directly to your car if you have a newer model) and you'll be able hear the directions through your speakers. 

And if you're listening to music on your Ipod, don't worry, when the next turn comes up, the music volume will go down to allow you to hear the next direction, and then the music will resume to normal on its own.

A little piece of advice, make sure your Location Services (under Settings) are ON for this app. I had it for a while and was about to delete it because it kept telling me it couldn't find me. My brother was kind enough to point out I had it blocked from finding me.

How are you with directions, do you often get lost? I hope that after finding this app you won't get lost any more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to hear from you!