I must confess... I am not much of a cook (my husband would agree). Unless you want something different than a cup of coffee, don't set your expectations too high. I truly admire the people that can be creative and pull a meal just by looking into their pantry. I am just a recipe follower and most of the time I don't get it right.
After spending a few minutes on Pinterest the other day, I found this recipe on Remodelaholic's cooking pinboard and decided to give it a try!
The recipe was originally called Bacon-Wrapped Jalapeno Chicken Bites and the only ingredient I didn't have was the jalapenos, so I decided to go with Bacon-Wrapped Jalapeno Chicken Bites :)
What do you need for my oh so different version? (giggles)
- 3 chicken breasts, cut in 2 and then through the middle so they are thinner (does that make sense?)
- 2-ounces of softened cream cheese
- 8 slices bacon, cut in half
- Pepper
Dab a little bit of cream cheese on the chicken, sprinkle some pepper, and wrap with bacon!
The first couple of pieces made my hands look like a pretzel, but got the hang of it after a little while.
The original recipe calls for the bites to be grilled, but last night the weather wasn't looking grilling-friendly, so I cooked them in the oven using the broil setting (at 400°F). It took about 20 minutes.
Cooked some green beans as a side and that's is!
Easy peasy and very filling AND more importantly:
Note: Next time, we might throw some onions and cheese in there and actually cook it on the grill.
For desert, the husband was craving some sort smoothy/milkshake type drink. I gave him a blank stare and asked, are you going to go get it? He rolled his eyes, went to the kitchen, grabbed some milk, vanilla ice cream, and frozen strawberries, put all the ingredients in the blender, and made me an awesome strawberry milkshake ... yumm... (his had peanut butter instead of strawberries)
| Yep, ate mine in a coffee cup :) and sorry for the blurry picture :( |
What are you having for dinner tonight?
Linking to:






Sounds yummy. I like to do bacon wrapped shrimp, too, every time we go to the beach.
ReplyDeleteJumped over from Full Plate and yummy snacks and I love strawberry milkshakes!
ReplyDeleteShrimp sounds good too! I need to give it a try.
ReplyDeleteYeah it was yummy. Thanks for stopping by.
ReplyDeleteThese look yummy! I might have to try these tonight for dinner:> Thanks for the tip!
ReplyDeleteNo problem! Let me know how yours turn out. Thanks for visiting.
ReplyDeleteI just love you Bacon Wrapped Chicken Bites. They really look delicious and I can't wait to give them a try. Thanks for sharing with Full Plate Thursday and come back soon! I am your newest follower!
ReplyDeleteHi Miz Helen, thanks for stopping by and welcome as my newest follower.
ReplyDelete